When I got asked to start writing blogs for this site, I just wanted my blogs to be about the dumb things my brain randomly thinks. Always just try to keep things funny with just a hint a stupid and side of ridiculous. That’s what I would call a well-balanced meal of a blog. This one might be a little more serious but hopefully you still find it funny. Although I will settle for you thinking it’s ridiculous, or the most likely option – you will just find it stupid. Either way here we go:
I turned 25 this week. 25 is such a weird time because I’m too old to be in college blacking out 4 times a week, but I feel like I’m too young to be responsible and in control of my life all the time. For instance, this is the first birthday in probably 7 years that I didn’t go out the night of my birthday and see if it’s possible to drink all of the booze in the world. But not because I’m all grown up, I’m still going to try to drink all of the booze in the world, I’ll just do it on Saturday instead of Tuesday. So sorry Mom, I’m probably not ready to give up all of the shenanigans but I will contribute to my 401k, so we’ll baby-step our way to adulthood.
As I look back on my first 25 years, I’ve had a lot of great times, a couple of terrible times, and countless weird times. So here are what I think are the 25 most important things I learned in my life so far.
- Always be yourself
- Call your mom every Sunday (If not more)
- Find something to be excited about everyday
- Don’t be petty, let the little shit go and you will be way better off
- If you get so drunk you pee your bed, its ok, you probably needed to wash your sheets anyway
- Don’t let tomorrow keep you from having fun today
- If a friend invites you to do something, do it.
- In college, not every open apartment door is a party, sometimes it’s just a guy who is mad and punches you in the face for being in his apartment
- If you catch feelings for a crazy chick she will ruin your life, but boy it will be a lot of fun while she does.
- Learn to be happy for others success, if you work hard, yours will come
- Don’t be too proud to say you’re sorry, its one little word that can make all the difference
- Never take life too seriously, no one makes it out alive
- Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere
- Most of the mistakes you make won’t matter in 5 years so don’t worry about it
- Learn to laugh at yourself, making an ass of yourself is underrated
- You’re not really friends with someone until you’re comfortable making fun of them.
- If you love someone, tell them, or one day they’ll be gone and you won’t be able to
- Don’t judge others, we’re all a little bit fucked up, its ok
- You’re never too old to watch cartoons or wrestling
- Complaining does nothing, if you want a problem solved do something about it
- Keep an open mind, you can find joy in the most unexpected places
- When you’re hungover, the game “fart or poop” is a dangerous one.
And the final 3 I’m stealing from the Billy Currington song but they are some of the truest statements in the world
- God is great
- Beer is good
- People are crazy